Historic buildings require a different approach to methods of repair compared to their modern counterparts. C20th products such as cement and water-proofers accelerate the decay of old buildings.
It is vital to use the materials and construction methods used in the original construction in repair to ensure the buildings' long term survival. Court Design & Conservation specify such methods and materials as part of their philosophical approach to repair projects.
- Conservation philosophy approach
- Traditional methods of repair
- Use of traditional "breathing" materials
- Liaison with Local Authority Conservation Department and English Heritage
- Full design and management of schemes
- Historical design statements for justification of repair methods